ILUV Events Terms & Conditions
*PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR EVENTS ARE STRICTLY OVER 18’s.*
*GOVERNMENT PHOTO ID OR STUDENT PHOTO ID IS ESSENTIAL.*
VISITUK reserves the right to make changes or updates with respect to or in the Content of the Site or the format thereof at any time without notice. VISITUK reserves the right to terminate or restrict access to the Site for any reason whatsoever at its sole discretion. We recommend that anyone bound by any of these T&Cs ensures that they are aware of any updates by reviewing these T&Cs on a regular basis via our website and as close to the date of your Tour departure as possible.
2. LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Your access to and use of this Site is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of England and Wales. You agree not to use the Site in any way that violates such laws or regulations.
3. COPYRIGHT NOTICE. Copyright and all other proprietary rights in the Content (including but not limited to software, audio, video, text and photographs) rest with VISITUK or its licensors. All rights in the Content not expressly granted herein are reserved. Except as stated herein, none of the material may be copied, reproduced, modified, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without the prior written permission of VISITUK or the copyright owner. All copyright and other proprietary notices shall be retained on all permitted reproductions.
Permission is granted to display, copy, distribute and download the materials on this Site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not modify the materials and that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the materials. You also may not, without VISITUK’s permission, “mirror” any material contained on this Site on any other server. This permission terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or conditions. Upon termination, you must immediately destroy any downloaded and/or printed materials. Any unauthorised use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy, communications, regulations and statutes.
Any material or information sent through or in connection with this Site by you (‘User Materials’) will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary, and immediately become the property of VISITUK, subject to the applicable Privacy Statement posted on this Site. VISITUK may use such User Materials as it deems fit, anywhere in the world, without obligation for compensation, and free of any moral rights, intellectual property rights and/or other proprietary rights in or to such User Materials.
4. TRADEMARKS. Unless otherwise indicated, all trademarks, service marks and logos displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered trademarks of VISITUK. These include each of VISITUK’s primary product brands and service offerings and its corporate logos and emblems.
5. TAMPERING. User agrees not to modify, move, add to, delete or otherwise tamper with the information contained in VISITUK’s Site. User also agrees not to decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or unlawfully use or reproduce any of the software, copyrighted or trademarked material, trade secrets, or other proprietary information contained in the Site.
6. INDEMNITY. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless VISITUK, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Content (including software) or your breach of the terms of this Agreement. VISITUK shall provide notice to you promptly of any such claim, suit, or proceeding and shall assist you, at your expense, in defending any such claim, suit or proceeding.
7. THIRD PARTY INFORMATION. Although VISITUK monitors the information on the Site, some of the information may be supplied by independent third parties (such as guide information). While VISITUK makes every effort to insure the accuracy of all information on the Site, VISITUK makes no warranty as to the accuracy of any such information.
8. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES. This Site may contain links that will let you access other Web sites that are not under the control of VISITUK. The links are only provided as a convenience and VISITUK does not endorse any of these sites. VISITUK assumes no responsibility or liability for any material that may accessed on other websites reached through this Site, nor does VISITUK make any representation regarding the quality of any product or service contained at any such site.
9. LINKS FROM THIRD PARTY SITES. VISITUK prohibits unauthorised links to the Site and the framing of any information contained on the site or any portion of the Site. VISITUK reserves the right to disable any unauthorised links or frames. VISITUK has no responsibility or liability for any material on other websites that may contain links to this Site.
10. NO WARRANTIES. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of information on this Site, VISITUK assumes no liability therefore. Information and documents provided on this Site are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE”. VISITUK hereby disclaims any representations and warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, title or as to operation or content. VISITUK uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this Site; it does not, however, make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy or completeness. VISITUK periodically adds, changes, improves, or updates the information and documents on this Site (including but not limited to products, pricings, programs, events, and offers) without notice.
VISITUK assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of this Site. Your use of this Site is at your own risk.
11. PRIVACY. Protecting the privacy of our clients and users of our Sites is important to VISITUK. The VISITUK Privacy Statement, as updated and amended from time to time, describes how we use and protect information you provide to us. You acknowledge and agree that by providing VISITUK with any personal data through the Site, you consent to processing of such personal data in accordance with VISITUK’s Privacy Statement. VISITUK is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. VISITUK may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20th August 2018. We may collect your name and place of study, contact information including email address, demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests, and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons: Internal record keeping; we may use the information to improve our products and services; we may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided; from time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or by phone; we may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
12. SECURITY. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We do not store or share financial information with third parties.
13. CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
– whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, you can click to indicate that you do agree to be included in the newsletter and that the information can be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes;
– if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email us at email@example.com. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
14. COOKIES. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies (e.g.
Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website (e.g. Stripe, WooCommerce Cloudfare), by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose
to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
15. ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure area of the Site is restricted to authorised users only. Unauthorised access to such areas is prohibited and may lead to criminal prosecution.
16. EVENT BOOKING. You must be 18 years old to book and travel on excursions or take part in activities with us. Places can only be reserved with full payment for the activity or excursion. If there is any change to any of the details discussed at time of booking, before the Booking Confirmation is issued, we will notify you promptly of any new or changed details, including a change to the total price (if any). If any detail on the Booking Confirmation is not correct tell us immediately. If there is an obvious error on the Booking Confirmation we reserve the right to correct it as soon as we become aware of it, but we will do this within 7 days of issuing the Booking Confirmation or, if your departure is within 7 days, no later than 24 hours before you go. Bookings cannot be re-sold and are non-transferable. Any tickets (e-tickets, tickets, wristbands, etc.) that are lost or stolen which have been purchased from an official representative are solely the responsibility of the consumer and will not be replaced. You will have to buy another ticket to be granted entry/trip. All e-tickets must be scanned electronically at the collection point or entrance to the venue.
Failure to have your e-ticket scanned will result in denied entry/trip. We will not be
held responsible for undelivered e-tickets that are the result of misinformation given by you or your party leader. All fraudulent activity/purchase will be reported to the Police and will be noted by our company. If you have purchased a fraudulent e-ticket you will be denied entry or to get into the bus. If you have purchased an e-ticket that you believe is fraudulent, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to gain clarification. If you have purchased an e-ticket that you believe is fraudulent, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible to gain
clarification. You will not be able to change the name on the ticket once purchased.
Please bear in mind your ID must match the name used to purchase the e-ticket.
17. TICKETS PRICING. All prices we advertise are accurate at the date published, but we reserve the right to change any of those prices from time to time. Prices can go up or down. We will be able to tell you the up-to-date price of your chosen activity or excursion and of any other services advertised by us before confirming your booking.
18. BOOKING CANCELLATION. We aim to provide your activity or excursion as booked. But if, for example, there are not enough people booked on your activity or excursion, we may cancel it.
We reserve the right to cancel your activity or excursion in any circumstances but if we cancel your activity or excursion you can accept a replacement activity or excursion from us of equivalent or closely similar standard and price (if one is available). We will not cancel your activity or excursion less than seven days before you go, unless this is the result of one of the events in the ‘Important note – events beyond our control’.
Important note – events beyond our control (Force Majeure) include: war (whether declared or not), threat of war, riots, strikes or other industrial action, civil disturbances, invasion, terrorist activity or threat of terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural and nuclear disasters, fire, explosion, epidemics, health risks, technical problems with transport, including changes due to rescheduling or cancellation of transport by a coach company or alteration of the coach company or coach type for reasons beyond our control or that of our suppliers; closed or
congested roads, hurricanes and other actual or potential severe weather conditions, and any other similar events such as act of God. Our obligations under these T&Cs are suspended for the period that the Force Majeure event continues, and we will extend the time to perform these obligations for the duration of that period. We will take reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these T&Cs can be performed despite the Force Majeure event.
If you want to cancel your booking or part of it, the lead name on your booking must advise us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be sent by the person who made the booking. To cover the cost of processing your cancellation and to compensate us for the risk that we may not be able to resell your activity or excursion, we make a cancellation charge shown in the scale below. The period of notice does not include the day of departure nor the day we receive notification. The person who made the booking is responsible for paying this charge.
One day trips:
PERIOD OF NOTICE CANCELLATION FEE
30 days or more 25% or loss of deposit (whichever is greater)
29 – 15 days 50%
14 days or less 100%
All overnight trips:
PERIOD OF NOTICE CANCELLATION FEE
60 days or more 25% or loss of deposit (whichever is greater)
59 – 30 days 50%
29 – 15 days 75%
14 days or less 100%
If you have taken out an insurance policy, you may be able to claim for the cancellation charge. Please check your policy.
19. BOOKING CONFIRMATION. Your booking confirmation supersedes any other form of communication (website information, verbal description, or telephone conversations). It is therefore important that you check the details of your booking confirmation upon receipt as we accept no liability for any other interpretation.
20. GROUP BOOKING. For any booking including more than one person, the person making the booking is classed as the “Party Leader”. As a Party Leader, you guarantee to VISITUK that you have the authority to accept (and do accept) these T&Cs on behalf of each person named in your booking and that you have drawn these T&Cs to their attention. As a Party Leader, you are considered as the primary contact with us and therefore accept any form of correspondence from us or our suppliers on behalf of your entire party. The Party Leader is also responsible for all
payments of the Party, including both total deposit (where applicable) and total balancing payments. As a Party Leader you will also have the possibility to list the names of the party, so seats can be individually reserved. If you decide not to do this, all seats will be reserved in your name. The Party Leader is also responsible for clearly stating any special circumstances for each individual of the party.
21. BOOKING CHANGE. After we have issued your Booking Confirmation we will do our best to accommodate any changes you may want to make but we cannot guarantee to do so. Any changes must be notified to us in writing and signed by the person who made the original booking.
22. BOOKING DETAILS CHANGE. We hope that we will not have to make any change to your activity or excursion but, because our activity or excursions are planned many months in advance, we sometimes do need to make changes. We reserve the right to do this at any time. We will let you know about any important changes when you book. If you have already booked, we will let you know as soon as we can, if there is time before your departure. Pick-up and drop-off timings shown by us are for guidance only and may change. Occasionally, we have to make major
changes to the transport or accommodation making up your activity or excursion with us. If we tell you about any of these changes after we have confirmed your activity or excursion booking, you may either accept the new arrangements offered by us; or accept a replacement activity or excursion from us of equivalent or closely similar standard and price, if one is available.
23. ACTIVITY/ EXCURSION RESPONSIBILITY. We will arrange for you to receive the services that make up the activity or excursion that you choose and that we confirm. These services will be provided either directly by us or through independent suppliers contracted by us. We are responsible for making sure that each part of the activity or excursion you book with us is provided to a reasonable standard and as was advertised by us (or as changed and accepted by you).
jurisdiction of England and Wales.
25. COMPLAINT. We will try to sort out any complaints you may have. If you have a complaint during your activity or excursion you should tell the leaders at the earliest point so that they can do their utmost to resolve the problem immediately. If you are still not satisfied on your return home, you must write to our office at the address given in the ‘Contact us’ section of our website, within 14 days of returning from your activity or excursion. Please write your activity or excursion name on your letter and include your daytime and evening telephone numbers. If you do not give us the
opportunity to resolve any problem locally by reporting it to the supplier, then we may not be able to deal positively with any complaint on your return. Please submit any complaint within 14 days to allow it to be investigated properly.
26. ADDITIONAL EXPENSE. We are not responsible for any additional expenses you may have to travel to and from the pick-up point, including travel, accommodation, subsistence or loss of earnings due to delays howsoever caused.
27. CONDUCT AND BEHAVIOUR WHILE TRAVELLING. We reserve the right to refuse to accept you as a customer or continue dealing with you if your behaviour is disruptive or affects other travellers or is threatening or abusive towards our staff, on the telephone, in writing or in person. If the driver of your coach or minibus or our accommodation staff believes that you could be disruptive, they can also refuse to let you precede with your travel arrangements. If this means you are not allowed to board the coach outbound from the pick-up point, we will treat your booking as
cancelled by you from that moment, and you will have to pay full cancellation charges (see section 19). If this occurs while at or en-route to or from the activity or excursion, then you will become responsible for your own return home and any other members of your group who cannot or will not travel without you. In any of these circumstances no refunds or compensation will be paid to you and we may make a claim against you for any costs and expenses incurred as a result of your behaviour e.g. the cost of diverting a coach or minibus to remove you. Criminal proceedings may also be instigated.
28. COACH TRAVEL. Competent and independent sub-contractors provide coach transport and any other related services for any of our Tours, exercising reasonable care. You agree to accept the T&Cs of all such coach suppliers providing services on your Tour, including, but not limited to, the wearing of seat belts, the banning of smoking on board, or the banning of bringing of alcohol or hot food on board. You must be at your designated pick-up point at least 30minutes prior to the VISITUK
stated coach departure time. Final details of timings and specific locations will be detailed in your Tour Itinerary.
We reserve the right to amend these if needed and will notify you at the earliest opportunity. One of our reps will be on board and available to you at all times for your outwards and inbound journeys. You must comply with the decisions and instructions of the coach driver or reps providing services to you at all times. We will not be liable for any loss incurred by you as a result of delays to coach travel due to traffic problems, accidents, adverse weather conditions, mechanical failure or any other reason out of our control. If there are any delays due to an accident or mechanical failure, we will attempt to solve the problem or arrange an alternative vehicle of the same standard as soon as possible. In the event that such an incident occurs in the iddle of a road or in a place generally deemed to be unsafe (and by ‘unsafe’ we mean with constant, passing traffic; without shelter; or access to facilities such as a service station) it is absolutely paramount that all passengers remain on board at all times. Anyone taking upon themselves to leave the vehicle or arrange personal transportation does so at their own risk for which we accept no responsibility. Such person(s) may also be liable to legal proceedings should we conclude that their actions endangered others on the travelling party.
We will not accept liability if an inferior vehicle is used as a replacement as our priority at that point will be to either continue the tour or return to base. A delayed coach may lead to reduced stops on the journey.
29. LATE ARRIVAL. At the start of an activity or excursion, in the interests of all passengers, we are not able to wait for more than 5 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time. If you miss a departure, then the activity or excursion will be deemed as cancelled in accordance with our cancellation policy above and the full activity or excursion price as stated on the booking form will be forfeited. No compensation, consequential losses, additional travelling costs or other such claim shall be accepted in such an unfortunate event. During an activity or excursion, it is your responsibility to return to the vehicle or group on time, as agreed with the leaders at each stopping point. We will try to find out where you are but we can only wait 10 minutes after the scheduled meeting time.
30. ACCOMMODATION. The accommodation we arrange for you must only be used by those people named on your Confirmation Invoice (or on any Amendment Invoice issued). You are not allowed to share the accommodation or let anyone else stay there. You are responsible for the cost of any damage caused to your accommodation or its contents during your stay, except damage caused by persons not known to you. These charges must be met by you and may have to be paid locally. Male and female will not be strictly assigned to different rooms during overnight Tours. If e.g. some females wish not to sleep with males, please mention it to VISITUK at the time of
your booking and no later than seven days prior to the Tour, so we can arrange rooms’ organisation. You are not permitted to allow anyone else into your accommodation. You agree to accept the accommodation provider’s rules and regulations. You must not damage or vandalise any items within your accommodation. You will be liable for the cost of any such loss or damage
incurred by us or the accommodation provider as a result of your actions and will be required to pay such sum in full before the homeward bound journey commences. You may be denied boarding any homeward bound journey if you refuse to pay or to undertake a commitment to pay on your return. Some accommodation may require a security deposit whose collection will be pre-arranged by us with instructions on how to the funds will be recovered upon checkout.
31. PASSPORT AND VISAS. You are responsible for ensuring that you have a valid passport and any visas or travel documents where applicable. If you are not a British citizen, you should contact your embassy who will advise you on passport and visa requirements for the countries you will be visiting. We will warn you of any Tours where acquiring a visa is mandatory. It is recommended that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your planned return date. We will not accept liability or consider any refunds for customers who are unable to travel due to incorrect or
32. LUGGAGE. When travelling by coach, the baggage allowance per passenger is one main bag or suitcase to be stored in the hold (no more than 15kg and not accessible for the duration of the journey) and appropriate small hand luggage (no more than 5kg) to take on board. VISITUK will not accept responsibility for any items left on board or for any valuable items stored in luggage compartments or on the coach.
33. LOST ITEMS. We accept no responsibility for lost property on any Tour. Whilst we will endeavour to locate lost property, we cannot guarantee to do so or to be able to arrange for your property to be returned. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for the safe return of lost property which will also cover any special dispatch costs. Such costs will be payable in advance.
34. INSURANCE. Please make sure you have adequate personal travel insurance, which must be valid for the entire duration of the Tour. Your policy should cover cancellation, medical and repatriation expenses, personal accident and injury, baggage, any activity (e.g. sports) in which you may participate (if applicable), money and public liability. VISITUK is unable to provide travel insurance for any purpose. We accept no responsibility for the loss of, or damage to, personal property or valuables. We do not accept any liability for any passenger travelling without adequate cover.
35. EXCURSION. Any contract or arrangement made for additional excursions, day trips or tours not organised by VISITUK, will be with that particular operator/provider and not with us. As such, we are not liable for any excursion or for anything that happens during it.
36. RISK ACCEPTANCE. You must accept any hazards involved in our Tours. You acknowledge that due to the nature of our activities, you may be exposed to an element of personal risk. Therefore, you accept and consent to the risks inherent in our Tours and accept that we have no responsibility for your involvement in any such activities in which you choose to participate.
37. NON-CUSTOMERS. We do not hold or have access to details of any other guests that may be booked into the same accommodation as us or who are taking part in the same events. We accept no responsibility and have no control over the behaviour of other guests. Our representatives will assist wherever possible should the behaviour of other guests be considered inappropriate or disruptive.
38. MEDICAL CONDITION. If you suffer from a medical or physical condition or disability that may affect your Tour or other customers’ Tour before you make a booking, you are responsible to mention it to VISITUK.
39. FINANCIAL PROTECTION AND PAYMENT. We are committed to protect your financial information by using in-house or third-party payment processing platforms. These provide a direct and independent route to conflict resolution should a dispute over your payment arise. We aim to resolve any potential conflict at our end although if you want to take the matter further, you can always have an independent route to do so. If applicable, a non-refundable and non transferable deposit per person may be payable at the time of booking. We will not guarantee
40. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. Under no circumstances shall VISITUK be liable for any damages suffered by you, including any incidental, special or consequential damages (including, without limitation, any lost profits or damages for business interruption, loss of information, programs or other data) that result from access to, use of, or inability to use this site or due to any breach of security associated with the transmission of information through the internet, even if VISITUK was advised of the possibility of such damages.
Any action brought against VISITUK pertaining to or in connection with this site must be commenced and notified to VISITUK in writing within one (1) year after the date the cause for action arose. We have undertaken to provide all services with due skill and care and that are of a reasonable standard (of the country in which they are supplied) and proportionate to our Tours. Some of the accommodation and transport are run by independents and though they form part of the Tours offered by us. We accept responsibility for the act and/or omissions of our employees and suppliers when acting within the scope of their employment.
Nothing in these T&Cs shall exclude or restrict our liability for death or personal injury except the act(s) and or omissions of the person(s) concerned, or those of a third party not connected with the provision of your Tour and which were unforeseeable or unavoidable. If either you or us fails to comply with these T&Cs, neither us nor you shall be responsible for any losses that the other suffers, except for those losses which we or you could reasonably foresee that fall within the loss of income or revenue, loss of business, loss of anticipated savings or loss of data.
We will not be responsible if any passenger suffers injury, illness or death whilst overseas as a result of an activity which does not form part of our Tour. At our discretion, we shall offer advice, guidance and assistance to help you in resolving any claim you have against a third party, provided we are advised of the incident within 14 days of its occurrence. Where legal action is contemplated, our authority must be obtained prior to commencement of proceedings and be subject to your undertaking to assign any costs recovered or any benefits received under an appropriate insurance policy to ourselves. None of our employees, sub-contractors or suppliers has authority to commit us to any liability whatsoever and we will not be bound by any statement or representations unless it is in writing and signed by one of our Directors.
41. MARKETING MATERIALS. Any likeness or image of you taken on any of our trips may be used by us, with neither charge nor permission, in all media for promotional or marketing purposes including, but not limited to, photo albums, brochures, slides, video shows and across the internet. Any external links provided on our website are not under our control and we take no responsibility for their content. We will not be liable for any loss or damage including, but not limited to, indirect or significant loss or damage, arising from use or loss of use of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of our website.
42. COMMUNICATION. Email is ALWAYS the default medium of communication, not Facebook or any other social media forum. If we do not hear back from you within set timeline, it will be assumed that you have accepted the amendment(s) proposed by us. Any notice, proceedings, documents in any legal action, or other communication required to be given to a party under or in connection with these T&Cs shall be in writing and shall be deemed delivered once sent to the email you provided on your booking. If the booking was made by a Party Leader, it will be deemed delivered once sent to the email provided by the Party Leader.